GSA’s Office of Charge Card Management and their banking partners work with Federal agencies to manage their payment challenges. GSA’s goal is to help its government customers streamline transactions and realize cost savings. GSA’s Center for Charge Card Management has been a client since 2010.
The SmartPay website is actually two sites in one—an informational site and a training portal—but they appear as a seamless one-site experience to visitors. Since 2011 Omni has provided design, development, and secure, FISMA-compliant hosting and reporting for the SmartPay site. In 2015 GSA contracted with Omni to redesign the site and update the Drupal CMS platform. In 2018, we redesigned the training section of the site as well.
Our services for both the SmartPay and training sites included:
• Information architecture and user experience consultation
• Design concepts for each major page template
• Complete content inventory and guidance on content strategy
• Interactive graphics and maps
• Content migration
• Design for the new training site
• Provide website maintenance, secure hosting and design updates
• Develop interactive maps and charts
• Drupal 7 CMS development
With dramatic changes in web design trends over the past five years, the SmartPay site was in need of updating, both aesthetically and functionally. The new site design helps visitors find information much more quickly. Content has been customized and organized for specific users and visual elements guide users to the information they need.
• Customers can find information more easily and content loads quickly
• More than a million visitors come to the site each month
• Hosting is secure and we maintain the site on a daily basis
• The site has a modern, clean and engaging design
The new SmartPay site was built responsively, so that it can be viewed on all devices. Card managers are able to check the site as they travel on smart phones and tablets.